Thursday 4 May 2017

GOOD SHEPHERD SUNDAY

May 6-7:  4th  Sunday of Easter
Good Shepherd Sunday

Ben Stein, lawyer, political speech writer and actor:  “For me, the number one issue is right to life.”
Christopher Hitchens, anti-theist, author, journalist, friend of famous atheist Richard Dawkins:   “I do, as a humanist, believe that the concept ‘unborn child’ is a real one and I think the  concept is underlined by all the recent findings of embryology about the early viability of a well conceived human baby… I feel the responsibility to consider the occupant of the womb as a can-didate member of society in the future, and thus to say that it can-not be only the responsibility of the woman to decide upon it, that it’s a social question and an ethical and a moral one. And I say this as someone who has no supernatural belief.”

Patricia Heaton, Emmy Award winning actress: “I find it impos-sible to subscribe to a philosophy that believes that the destruc-tion of human life is a legitimate solution to a problem that is mostly social, economic and psychological. In reality, most women ‘choose’ abortion because they believe they have no other choice.”

Jack Nicholson, Academy Award winning actor: “I’m very  contra my constituency in terms of abortion because I’m  positively against it. I don’t have the right to any other view.”

Nat Hentoff, jazz critic, atheist and author: “I’m considered a liberal except for that unaccountable heresy of recent years that has to do with pro-life matters.”

Kathy Ireland, author, entrepreneur, actress, former Sports Illus-trated swimsuit model: “I was once pro-choice. And the thing that changed my mind was, I read my husband’s biology books, medi-cal books and what I learned is simply what it states – this isn’t even morally — this is pure biology. At the moment of conception, a life starts. And this life has its own unique set of DNA, which contains a blueprint for the whole genetic being. The sex is deter-mined. Now people ask the question, well, is it a human being? We know there’s a life because it’s growing and changing.

Dr. Bernard Nathanson, co-founder of National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL), former abortionist who performed 75,000 abortions:  “As a scientist I know, not believe, know that human life begins at conception. Although I am not a formal   religionist, I believe with all my heart that there is a divinity of existence which commands us to declare a final and irreversible halt to this infinitely sad and shameful crime against humanity.